A GUIDE TO HELP PLAN YOUR NEXT MOVE
When you make the decision to move, the clock starts ticking. Whether you’re moving to the other side of Phoenix, Arizona or out of state, don’t worry, we can help. This is a easy to follow timeline and moving checklist you should follow before your move to help insure a smooth transition. Time will be at a premium on the day’s right before your move, so be diligent in checking off these tasks.
Please feel free to contact Copperstate Moving & Storage with any questions about our moving checklist and to schedule your moving consultation and quote.
3 – 4 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR MOVE
- Call and reserve Copperstate Moving & Storage for your move as soon as you know you are moving. If you need help with packing, Copperstate can also pack up your house, apartment, or condo for you.
- Declutter your home. Start to clean out closets, the garage, and attic. Have a garage sale or donate your unwanted things to charity. Some places will pick up your items for free.
- If you have children, make arrangements to transfer their school records.
- Get Change of Address Cards from your local post office or change your address online.
- Notify magazines, credit card accounts, insurance companies, clubs, and all other organizations of your change of address.
- If possible, get owner’s manuals for appliances in your new home.
1 – 2 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR MOVE
- Designate an “Essentials Area” of things you will need for the final clean-up and include snacks for the last day.
- If you decide to pack yourself, label all moving boxes as you pack. Write the destination room on the top and sides of each moving box to ensure it gets to the right place in your new home. If you’re pressed for time, or overwhelmed with packing, Copperstate Moving & Storage offers full-service packing.
- Schedule disconnects for utilities such as gas, electric, water and the telephone. If you have a landline, do not disconnect it until after your move. Arrange for refunds that are due, and schedule connections for your new residence.
- Cancel newspapers, Internet, cable TV, security, pest control, cleaning help, lawn maintenance, and any other services you receive.
THE WEEK OF THE MOVE
- Mail in your Change of Address cards if you did not fill out the online form.
- Clean the stove and finish up any last minute house cleaning before your moving day. Finish up packing and be sure all items are boxed and ready to go prior to the arrival of our professional movers.
ONE DAY BEFORE YOUR MOVE
- Clean the refrigerator, then defrost and dry.
- Get enough cash to hold you over until you get settled into your new home. Cash comes in handy if you need to order pizza during your move or dinner in your new place!
- Make sure to Say Goodbye to your neighbors.
DAY OF YOUR MOVE
- Pack your suitcase and your essentials box to get you through the next few days in case you don’t get to unpacking right away.
- Be sure you’re present when the movers from Copperstate arrive to do a walk through. Indicate what you need moved or anything in particular they should be aware of.
- Once all belongings are loaded onto the moving truck, be sure to do one more walk through and lock all windows and outside doors, in addition to checking all lights and your thermostat are off before heading to your new home.
- Make sure all water and gas lines are sealed to ensure no leakage when turned back on.
- Last but not least…Settle in and Relax and Enjoy your new home!
AFTER YOUR MOVE
- Be sure to check with the Post Office for any mail that may have been held during the move.
- Expect a follow up call from Copperstate Moving & Storage. Our commitment doesn’t end just because your moved into your new home. Give us your feedback and tell us how we can improve our professional moving services. We also love referrals, please send your friends and family to us.
It’s That Easy
Quality, Affordable, Honest & Reliable